What Is Simple Silo Builder?
The simple silo builder will create a silo structured site on your blog without any advanced technical knowledge necessary. The plugin will create all the needed infrastructure and along with the menu widget will set up the required linking structure, url settings and on-page factors that you need.
This plugin uses one tier of static pages with blog posts underneath to create a structure that will rank quickly and well.
This plugin will accept the XML blueprint output from either Krakken or Network Empire Builder to quickly create the silo pages and supporting posts. Additionally, you can create the silo structure manually directly in the blog by adding each page one at a time - either by using the normal worpdress functionality to add pages and posts or directly into the plugin area where you can visually see the structure you are creating.
This plugin is ideal for a news style blog, WR-2 site or PBN; where as our Deep Silo Plugin is often times more ideally suited for a money blog.
It is not recommended that you use this plugin on an already established site with rankings that are important to you. In order for this plugin to function optimally the permalink structure needs to be changed from the wordpress default, and this can disrupt an existing site.
We highly recommend you make a backup of your blog before you install and activate this plugin.
By installing this plugin you agree to indemnify Network Empire LLC and hold Network Empire LLC blameless for any issues this plugin might create on your blog, it's content or your rankings.
The Simple Silo Plugin is the newest member of the Network Empire’s WordPress Silo Plugin family. By popular request, this plugin is designed for situations where you want to maintain your blog roll on your home page. The main difference between Simple Silo Plugin and Deep Silo Plugin and Video Silo Plugin, is that Simple Silo goes two layers deep. See the image below:
This post-under-pages model is in contrast to the Deep Silo Plugin and the Video Silo Plugin which has another layer of pages first:
Site Structure Features
1. Silo Structure consisting of one level of static pages with posts underneath
2. The home page remains a blog roll unless changed manually
3. Permalink structure automatically set to /%category%/%postname%/
Site Creation Features
1. This plugin accepts one or more Silo structure blueprints generated by Krakken and NE Silo Builder to create a properly Silo Structured site
– The same blueprint can be imported multiple times and each time only new items will be added; older imported pages and posts are not updated.
– Multiple different blueprints can be imported to make a large site.
2. Advanced Import settings allow you to choose titles and slugs to be keywords, titles or headlines to better protect from panda penalties (available when importing from DWS only)
3. The plugin allows you to manually create a silo structure of pages and posts.
4. Adding pages/posts manually to the silo structure allows for draft or immediate publish mode.
5. There is Drag and Drop functionality for moving around silos or supporting pages.
New Page and Post Edit Screen Enhancements
1. You can add existing pages or posts to the silo structure on the edit page or edit post screen.
2. You can update the meta title, meta description and meta keywords fields for posts on the edit posts screen.
3. You can see a preview of what the meta title and meta description will look like in the SERPS screen:
Menus and On-Page Inserts
1. A special sidebar widgets creates the Silo Linking Structure.
2. Sidebar menu widget options: set the title, number of links and optional thumbs:
3. On-page silo shortcodes include titles with links to the subordinate articles and can optionally include post article excerpts. The title of the insert is controlled on the settings tab. http://screencast.com/t/nNeLGgYMCk2
4. Optionally on-page silo shortcodes can be automatically included on pages and posts as they are created.
5. Style adjustments are available to help the widgets seamlessly fit into themes.
Reports Generated with Plugin
1. Export the Silo Blueprint for clients and personal records!
2. Indicates articles that are in draft mode!
Behind the Scenes Killer Features!
Killer Feature 1: Auto-Detects Many Third Party SEO Plugins
All of our SEO Silo plugins will detect if other SEO plugins exist and stop duplicate meta description and keywords from appearing in the head. If the other plugins already contain data for these fields, that data is copied into the fields our plugin uses in case those plugins are disabled – if you change the data in our field on a single page, it will update Yoast so that title is displayed.